This trick shows you how to add an option called "Command Prompt" when you right-click on a folder in Windows. With this option, a Command Prompt Window will launch and its current directory will be the path to the folder you've selected.
Use this trick at your own risk.
Here's what you'll get:
You can either edit your registry OR download the registry file and apply it on your computer.
Method I. Manually edit the registry:
- Start > Run
- Enter "regedit" and hit Enter
- Expand to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell"
- Right-click on "shell" and select New > Key
- Make sure a new key is created under "shell". Change the name of this key to "Command Prompt"
- Right-click on this new key "Command Prompt" and select New > Key
- Change the name of this key to "command.
- Here's what we should have
- Double-click on the "(Default)" text on the right window to bring up the edit box
- Enter this text into the Value Data field:
- Click OK and close the registry.
Method II. Download and apply the registry file:
Download this registry file Here
Unzip it to a temp folder, then double-click on the .reg file to add the registry data.
By Kaila Piyush
My Google Profile HackingArticles4all.blogspot.com